Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
I use the "Battery Tender Jr." by Deltran. My battery is in my basement now on a two by six board hooked up to the BTjr.
A little more expensive than the Harbor Freight one, I paid $39.95,
but I'm happy with it. Switches automatically from charge to float.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Works OK

I use a amp and a half battery tender by Schumacher. bought it at Tractor Supply for $25. I have three of them bought there and at an auto parts store.

Don't know if they are the best but they work. The instructions say they charge the battery then change to a float mode. Use them on Bike, lawn mower, and Tractor.
Dave

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use the "Battery Tender Jr." by Deltran. My battery is in my basement now on a two by six board hooked up to the BTjr.
A little more expensive than the Harbor Freight one, I paid $39.95,
but I'm happy with it. Switches automatically from charge to float.
Looks like you can just leave the cable on the bike year round with this one?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use Deltran Battery Tenders too. I have a 2 port one and a pair of Jr's. I keep all of my bikes and the cars I don't typically drive in the winter on them.
Never a problem. You can get the Deltran ones from Amazon for like $23 delivered.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you guys just leave the battery on the bike when using the Jr? It looks like it can be used either way. My bike is in the garage.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Do you guys just leave the battery on the bike when using the Jr? It looks like it can be used either way. My bike is in the garage.
Yes, you can leave the battery right in the bike with the jr. I take mine out because my garage isn't heated, and there is no power outlet close to where the bike sits for the winter. So I just put the battery in the basement on a 2x6. The basement is heated.

·
Registered
577 Posts
"Battery Tender Jr." by Deltran, too. $23.20 on Amazon.com (got with free shipping). It's hooked to the battery that remains in the bike in my unheated garage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts