Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an Memphis shades batwing but the headlight is in the way from moving it down about 1.5 inches. I know it sounds silly to move it down but it will work better for me. I saw 4 screws that holds the light brackets... can i use longer bolts with spacers to lower it? Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I removed the front part of the headlight and loosen up the batwing brackets. I was able to slide the fairing down 1.5" if not 2"... took it for a test ride and YEP, makes all the difference in the world. That's where is should be. Quieter, nothing hitting my hands and the wind is barely hitting the top of my head. It looks better too.

I'm going to Lowe's tomorrow after work to get some longer bolts and sleeves to lower the light. I will post pictures after i get her cleaned up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to go a nut and bolt company to get 4 allen bolts and sleeves to bolt on the light and brackets today. I just bolted everything together lowering my headlight about 3.5". Lowered the batwing another .25" too.

I have to say,... I've seen a lot of bikes that have the batwing on them but I really like the look lowered down and tilted. The way I adjusted it makes it look like it came that way. I am waiting for some quick connectors to come in the mail and I am going to remove the extra wires so everything will be tucked away nicely. This should be the last time I remove the tank and ill be able to clean the bike. I'll take some pictures showing what I did.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Make sure you can still steer stop to stop without your fairing hitting the gas tank or frame.

Reactions: Keith Post
1 - 9 of 9 Posts