Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just purchased this 2008 Roadliner and I'm looking at possibly putting a taller windshield on maybe 2" or so. But I don't know what brand the fairing is. There is a logo on the windshield that I don't recognize either. Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
You may want to try Memphis Shades.
Mine measures 20" across at the faring. You may need to drill the holes in different locations.

Looking at the photos, the screen doesn't match the faring at the corners, most likely not the shield that is for that faring.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Digger I will look into them.
Timbuctwo mine measures about 21" across and 7" from fairing to the top of the shield. I'm ok with drilling some holes if need be.
Thanks for the help guys.
If someone recognizes the fairing that'd be great. I can't seem to find anywhere a fairing with the speaker area inset so much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I opened up the fairing and wow what a cluster of wiring. I guess I have a project this winter organizing some wiring. Found out it's a Dragonfly cycle concepts fairing. Will have to do some research on a new windshield and possibly getting side wind defllectors. Does anyone know if thr Memphis shades side wind deflectors would work?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was thinking about them for my Memphis Shades faring but a few reviews said it made things worse, turbulence.
I didn't want to take the chance.
I do however have the Memphis Shades Lowers and love them. They pop on and off in a few minutes. They give good leg protection in colder riding and keep your legs from blowing off the boards.

·
Registered
34 Posts
this looks more like tsukayu fairing then memphis
memphis shades have model number stamped out on the inside

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks covex. This one has the Dragonfly cycle concepts stamped inside the fairing.
Went for a 3 hour ride yesterday and it's confirmed need about a 9" windshield and would like the try the side wing defllectors. See if we can eliminate some buffeting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
good luck. im still fighting buffeing after adding fork deflectors and fairing (memphis shades) lower deflectors. wind is coming from underneath and hitting me in the chin and snout. i might need to make my own custom fork deflectors

·
Registered
91 Posts
good luck. im still fighting buffeing after adding fork deflectors and fairing (memphis shades) lower deflectors. wind is coming from underneath and hitting me in the chin and snout. i might need to make my own custom fork deflectors
no bars. controls are moved 3" forward so bars wont fit
Strange, I don't have that problem with Memphis Shades faring and lowers. Maybe the leg position causing the updraft.
I do have the Yamaha big bar and had to turn the lowers backwards so they don't hit the bar in lock to lock.
Perhaps turn them around and see if it makes any difference at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Memphis Shades Batwing on my Roadliner. I replaced the original shield. I put the side deflectors on and if anything I have less wind turblance now. I'm fitting a set of chaps over the crash bars this weekend. Need to keep some of that wind off my legs. Not as young as I once was. Lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a Memphis Shades Batwing on my Roadliner. I replaced the original shield. I put the side deflectors on and if anything I have less wind turblance now. I'm fitting a set of chaps over the crash bars this weekend. Need to keep some of that wind off my legs. Not as young as I once was. Lol
ablast, I am excited about getting my deflectors on. I ordered them last week and on Saturday I pulled the trigger on some heated grips. I love riding this liner and the cold weather is just an obstacle that I am trying to overcome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts