Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most normal people grow beards for the winter weather.
Or participate in no shave November. I tend to start growing
a beard at the end of November for riding season and keep it
all summer long. Then get depressed and shave. Am I the only
one who beard preps for riding season? lol

Reactions: Jspree

·
Registered
332 Posts
Most normal people grow beards for the winter weather.
Or participate in no shave November. I tend to start growing
a beard at the end of November for riding season and keep it
all summer long. Then get depressed and shave. Am I the only
one who beard preps for riding season? lol
With a few exceptions, I've kept a relatively short beard since Christmas break my senior year in high school, thirty years ago (which I grew so I could buy beer). I do usually let it get a little longer when the cold weather rolls around.

Something that surprises me is that really long beards seem to be in fashion. Nip-length beards and such. Never thought I'd see that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normal guys start growing beards when it starts getting cold.
Or participate in no shave November. I start growing mine out in
December for riding season and keep it long all summer and spring.
Then trim it off when I get depressed when the cold hits. Am I the only
one who does this? View attachment 90316

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Tried growing a beard over the winter last year. Kept it through spring. Took the bike out for an early spring ride and absolutely hated how it felt on my face with my helmet on...Shaved it off as soon as I got back home. Have not had one since.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I usually grow for about a month in july because i am on vacation. Shave it off when it gets too uncomfortable and a lot of grey. That and i look too much like my brother. Sucks to be a twin
But the mustache is forever
IMG_7606.JPG
IMG_1201 copy.JPG

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,014 Posts
Normal guys start growing beards when it starts getting cold.
Or participate in no shave November. I start growing mine out in
December for riding season and keep it long all summer and spring.
Then trim it off when I get depressed when the cold hits. Am I the only
one who does this?
I've got two problems with this. I ain't never been called normal. And where in the US is December the start of riding season?
;)

I don't exactly grow a beard, but I don't shave either. Scraggly look that I keep down to 1/2" or less usually, and a goat that gets trimmed whenever. Don't change based on season or riding, and haven't been beardless for decades.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I have had a beard most of my life, grew it the first time at the age of 15, the only time I have shaved it is job related. Now that I am retired it is now permanent.:cool:

·
Registered
239 Posts
What? December is peak riding season here in Dayton Ohio! ? Some think me crazy but, if the roads are clear of snow, ice and, freshly laid salt, I ride. I suppose if it gets much below 0 (F) I might re-think that but, one morning about 3 weeks ago*, my morning commute was at 6°F.

*It was Nov 13.

But keeping on-topic: Last year I let my beard grow out quite a bit before I got tired of it and trimmed it back down to its normal .5" length. This year, I quit trimming it sometime in Sep. It's probably at 1.5 to 2" from my chin. I'll keep growing it until March, I guess. May hit a max length before then and keep it there, though.

·
Super Moderator
7,246 Posts
I too have never been referred to as ‘normal’ , lol.
I grow a goatee/mustache combo starting in October and shave off the goatee in early spring. I only grow it to my chin line as it gets caught in my uniform jacket! Ouch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,066 Posts
No beard. Wife doesn't like. I'll go a few days when on vacation but clean shave 99% of the time. Happy wife, happy life, right?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let me specify. I Start growing my beard in December so It has length for when riding season fires up. Kinda like getting a jump start. My beard doesn't grow extremely quick so I need to start ahead of time. lol

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've got two problems with this. I ain't never been called normal. And where in the US is December the start of riding season?
;)

I don't exactly grow a beard, but I don't shave either. Scraggly look that I keep down to 1/2" or less usually, and a goat that gets trimmed whenever. Don't change based on season or riding, and haven't been beardless for decades.
Maybe I should have used the quote normally guys..... sorry if I offended ya there bud.

Reactions: bpounds

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,014 Posts
Maybe I should have used the quote normally guys..... sorry if I offended ya there bud.
I used this ;) so's ya wouldn't think that. {winking}

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I'm in Les' camp - the wife doesn't like beards so on the cross country ride I took last May with RFTW, I didn't shave for a few weeks. Also slow growing...

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Man, you've been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Mine grows the length it is now in 2 weeks, that is why I don't shave , when I had to shave I had to do it twice a day

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Man, you've been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long
I've always been told, no shave, no sex. Shaving it is...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts