Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
13,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This review may be premature, but i'm bored at work so here it is.
this is a navigation tool with a simplified user interface. i was going to test it out this week on a 200 mile trip for a motorcycle demo event, but that has now been cancelled either due to the impending rain or the end of the world as we know it. so i just tested it on my commute to work today. in my extremely limited use of it, i am very satisfied.

the way it works is by using a route you create using Beeline's app which utilizes Google Maps. then the device, or interface on the device, simply tells you which direction to head for what distance and which way to turn. what i discovered after receiving it was that you don't even need the device but can just use the app on your phone as it has pretty much the same interface. so if any of you want to try it, i don't think you even need to buy the thing*. just download the beeline app from the app store for free. i actually decided to leave the navigation tool at home today and just used the app on my phone which has a larger screen. i did notice that because of the direction my phone is facing when mounted that the compass might have issues unless you have your phone pointed upwards to some degree. and the device includes other settings/data such as your speed and how far into your overall journey you are that the phone app does not display. i've included some screenshots from the phone so you get an idea of what it looks like and how it is used.

the 2nd greatest feature of this is that you can choose either specific waypoints on turn-based routes or use compass mode which just gives you an arrow pointing towards your final destination end point no matter which road you take.

*the app did walk me through pairing with the device before using it so maybe you won't be able to fully test it without purchasing it. i mean, they gotta make money.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,948 Posts
Seems like a cool app and device. I use Google Maps on my phone and at times on a phone screen it can be difficult to read being somewhat small. The large arrow and distance to turn seems very simple to use. Some of the reviews stated it drew phone battery a bit more than expected, did you see a big draw on your battery?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts