Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Been around for a WHILE - first post though - hi

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  McBreezy 
#1 ·
Yeah so I have an 07 V-star 1300 that I bought as a model year leftover in February 2011. I've got about 15000 miles on it and am its first and only rider aside from a few short trip legs playing musical bikes with my wife and her father. It's got engine guards and highway pegs, a sissy bar, HID headlight and the medium height windscreen.

I plan to go full fairing with speakers, get hard bags, eliminate the license plate holder setup, and get heated grips. OOH and a new seat. And maybe a top case. And... well, maybe I should just stop because this could go on for a while.

I'm in San Diego, and go to SDSU. I am an intern at a startup company that is still 'flying under the radar' but am generally pretty available. I know a thing or two, but I try not to be know-it-all-ish. That's about it. I'm on the R6 forum with the same nick as here. I'm a member at shadowriders.net as well, but my nick on there is KenMcBreezy. Oh and my wife rides a 2012 NC700x.

-Ken

#3 · (Edited)
I have pics, but I'm on my laptop at school. Just realized I had never fully become a member until now, and starting to rectify that. I *WILL* post pictures, I promise. Actually, if you look me up on shadowriders.net I have a gallery there with some pics of "Ginger" which can tide some people over until I get them up in my gallery *here*

-Ken

#6 ·
I have pics, but I'm on my laptop at school. ........ Actually, if you look me up on shadowriders.net I have a gallery there with some pics of "Ginger" which can tide some people over until I get them up in my gallery *here*

-Ken
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHAT A LOAD OF GARBAGE. WHAT THE HECK IS THE WORLD COMING TO? REALLY?? HOW CAN ANYONE BE ON *THIS* FORUM FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME AND THINK THEY CAN JUST SLIDE BY WITHOUT PICS IN THE INTRODUCTION POST?
THIS IS MADNESS I SAY!

Oh alright, I guess we can let you slide for a day or two - but they better be really great pics.

Really, welcome aboard Ken.

#5 ·
LOL thanks - so, I was thinking about it and since i have the pics there, I saved them onto this comp and posted them in the gallery here. But since anyone can do that with anything, I'll *still* take some new pics tomorrow and put them into the gallery.

#7 · (Edited)
So... putting them in my gallery isn't enough? *nods* Okay, they'll be posted in here as well. As a teaser, these are the pics I currently have, and which are in my gallery/my profile... But I must say the bike looks... well, about the same (plus the highway pegs and HID which you can't see anyway) - oh and bugs on the windscreen, but I will probably clean them off before the pic. Hell, I may even give Ginger a shower! LOL. I hope these show up...

Okay so i figured out the problem - and I am dumb... These should work now.

#10 ·
:D I'm actually prepping for a final (starts in just under an hour) and I'll see if I can find how to add pics to a post before I put new ones on. The ones in my gallery (and coming soon as well) aren't anything special compared to most on here, it's just a mostly stock 1300. But at least you guys get X's, I don't see a thing.

#18 ·
welcome.....nice clean ride....and the color is nice and clean nothing really wrong with it, alot you could do to add to paint job...

#19 ·
So... stickers? LOL - my wife stickers her trunk, like the places we go to and stuff. I'm not sure I could abide stickers anywhere on anything of mine... About the only thing for color that I might do is different color batwing and bags and trunk... But I'm not sure if that would look tacky or not. I imagine after a few years in the California sun that I can't just add red parts because the color still won't match... Maybe I'll splurge on it at some point and get a custom paint job that encompasses the WHOLE bike after the new parts are added... I used to get ads from Alsa and I kinda like the idea of the topcoat that is black when cold and turns clear when heated up... have some awesome paint job under it... who knows. I imagine that will be WELL down the line, though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.