Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for an 07 Royal Star back in August. I really thought I would last a year on the 650 before I went with something larger. But as I went further out from home I started hitting more highways to get to good riding roads. The vibrations on the highway at 5k just got to me. I found a great deal on the Royal and did well on selling the 650 so I am happy.

The old

The new

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just happened that way. They are very close. The 04 was a candy Cranberry and the 07 a Candy Apple.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Congrats on a great looking "new" bike. Glad to hear you made a good deal and are happy with your choice. Ride safe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
for an 07 Royal Star back in August. I really thought I would last a year on the 650 before I went with something larger. But as I went further out from home I started hitting more highways to get to good riding roads. The vibrations on the highway at 5k just got to me. I found a great deal on the Royal and did well on selling the 650 so I am happy.
Yeah think I am going thru the same thing and going to be looking at trading in my 650 for a Stryker, 950, or 1300. I experience the same thing here in Tennessee, lots of great roads, but quite a few require me to do some interstate travelling

·
Registered
104 Posts
I experience the same thing here in Tennessee, lots of great roads, but quite a few require me to do some interstate travelling
I once had that problem. However, I moved to where I wanted to retire and the really good roads start at the end of my driveway.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear you, unfortunately I retired a year ago today with the intention of doing that, However our daughter had a son the June before my retirement and put all my plans on hold. SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) said we aren't going anywhere.

I bought the VStar the day after I retired and went through it from front to back over the winter. I had not been riding for 25 years and wanted something to get the feel of riding again figuring I would go larger in 2014. Took the BRC in March and put 3500 miles on the 650 before I found the RSTD. Over 2k on it before I put it away for the winter. Marion - that is down by Hungry Mother State Park right?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hear you, unfortunately I retired a year ago today with the intention of doing that, However our daughter had a son the June before my retirement and put all my plans on hold. SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) said we aren't going anywhere.

I bought the VStar the day after I retired and went through it from front to back over the winter. I had not been riding for 25 years and wanted something to get the feel of riding again figuring I would go larger in 2014. Took the BRC in March and put 3500 miles on the 650 before I found the RSTD. Over 2k on it before I put it away for the winter. Marion - that is down by Hungry Mother State Park right?
I was very fortunate about relocating to Marion (where I grew up). My company always had trouble getting people to move to the sticks when they needed people there. They approached me and offered to move me there 3 years before I retired. They paid for relocation, including buying and selling my homes. I ended up with a paid for 4,700 sq ft. house on 6.4 acres about 5 minutes from The Back of the Dragon and Hungry Mother State Park. The secret to a successful retirement is no debt and living where it is cheap to live. I live here for less than half of what it cost me in Northern Virginia and it's a far simpler life. I retired 11 years ago at 55.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great area to live. A friend of mine hit some gravel in his Solstice on the Back and wrecked it. It was down there for a couple of months if I remember correctly. I can remember vacationing in Hungry Mother. If and when I take my long trip this summer I will pm you and perhaps you can ride with me through the area, or at least show me where to ride. There used to be a circle track in Marion if I remember correctly. I haven
t been there since the 70's

·
Registered
104 Posts
Great area to live. A friend of mine hit some gravel in his Solstice on the Back and wrecked it. It was down there for a couple of months if I remember correctly. I can remember vacationing in Hungry Mother. If and when I take my long trip this summer I will pm you and perhaps you can ride with me through the area, or at least show me where to ride. There used to be a circle track in Marion if I remember correctly. I haven
t been there since the 70's
Let me know if you get down this way. I can how you some roads outsiders never see. You just can't explain some of the routes to flatlanders.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts