Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As long as I`ve owned my bike, the noisey valves were driving me nuts. I have had 2 different bike shops check my valve clearences and both said they were within spec. So yesterday I had installed a set of Cobra Slashcut slippon mufflers and a Dynojet carb kit and diconnected the AIS system. Now can you say LOUD!!!:eek: I guess I will never hear valve noise again.:D:D:D I just hope the local police dont make me take them off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just picked up an '01 1100 last week. I have been noticing a loud mechanical noise coming from the engine- sounds like gears or something. Is this the valves? I was thinking more like furel pump or oil pump. Either way, it is pretty loud. I can hear it on the raod even with pretty loud aftermarket pipes.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Vtwins are noisey!!!! Especially the 1100 vstar. They have noisey gears and a noisey valve train. At each service check the valve clearance and don't worry about the noise. It also helps to be slightly deaf.:)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Vtwins are noisey!!!! Especially the 1100 vstar. They have noisey gears and a noisey valve train. At each service check the valve clearance and don't worry about the noise. It also helps to be slightly deaf.:)
HEY DOUG, WHAT DID YOU SAY? CAN YOU TALK A LITTLE LOUDER, SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE MUMBLEING. WHAT NOISE? :D:D:D

·
Registered
778 Posts
LOL too funny

·
Registered
162 Posts
LOL, it is like stepping on someone's foot to displace the concern of their headache. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts