Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow...

I have always cramped on my throttle hand since I've owned this bike. I chalked it up to the handlebars. I replaced the grips this weekend with some Kuryakyn ISO Grips. WOW. The difference is INCREDIBLE. It feels natural now, even with the stock handlebars. I am still waiting on my 950 bars to come in that I was going to swap them with. I am just going to sell those bars at a discount now. Now if I could just get a seat that would work the best for me. Custom seat from Pillow Top Seats was worse for me than stock. Mustang sucks...About to try ED's seats...

GET ISO GRIPS!

EDIT: Just FYI I didn't use end weights either. For my wife's bike I did use end weights just in case because the vibration bugged her significantly.

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
+1 on the ISO grips. I had them on my Goldwing and it was one of the first things I added to the 950. Love 'em.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@tigrzeye I would jump on them except for the fact I received an email from their owner stating that their seats are only made to handle weight up to 260 pounds.

"Our seat for the 1300 Star is designed for sizes up to 260 lbs, I'm sorry we can't help you.

Thanks for your inquiry"

I have spent so much money trying to find a perfect seat and spending another $450 on something that I might not like just wouldn't work out.

·
Registered
600 Posts
@tigrzeye I would jump on them except for the fact I received an email from their owner stating that their seats are only made to handle weight up to 260 pounds.

"Our seat for the 1300 Star is designed for sizes up to 260 lbs, I'm sorry we can't help you.

Thanks for your inquiry"

I have spent so much money trying to find a perfect seat and spending another $450 on something that I might not like just wouldn't work out.
Good point, just thought I might mention in case you were interested.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Definitely a step up from the stock grips on the 1100, but I don't think I would say best mod ever :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I had iso grips and they bugged me after a while. I switched to the Avon air grips and they are great long or short distance. I found its nicer to have something squeazable if need be but my glove holds it just fine without a lot of force as well.

Cruise control is way better than any grips though.

·
Registered
199 Posts

Thanks for your inquiry"

Have you tried GreatDayToRide.com? He did my seat and it's awesome. I think I paid $120 for both seats.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had iso grips and they bugged me after a while. I switched to the Avon air grips and they are great long or short distance. I found its nicer to have something squeazable if need be but my glove holds it just fine without a lot of force as well.

Cruise control is way better than any grips though.
There's only ONE cruise control adaptable to the 1300. Otherwise it's throttle locks.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Wow...

I have always cramped on my throttle hand since I've owned this bike. I chalked it up to the handlebars. I replaced the grips this weekend with some Kuryakyn ISO Grips. WOW. The difference is INCREDIBLE. It feels natural now, even with the stock handlebars. I am still waiting on my 950 bars to come in that I was going to swap them with. I am just going to sell those bars at a discount now. Now if I could just get a seat that would work the best for me. Custom seat from Pillow Top Seats was worse for me than stock. Mustang sucks...About to try ED's seats...

GET ISO GRIPS!

EDIT: Just FYI I didn't use end weights either. For my wife's bike I did use end weights just in case because the vibration bugged her significantly.
Interesting. My stock grip on the Strat is one of the more comfortable grips I've ever used.

The worst, by far, is stock HD grips. Just awful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts