Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking the other day as I was wanting to watch something on TV other than political stuff or re runs of re runs that I would check out what was available on Netflics..That then of course started me thinking of the movies I have seen in the past and what was it that made them likeable to me. Some of the best movie lines for me come from classics with Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson, Monty Python, Mel Brooks etc...So some of my favorites..
Anything by Jack Nicholson in the courtroom scene in A Few Good Men...
"Doesnt anybody knock any more?" by Judge Reinhold in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
" I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five'? Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, i kind of lost track myself. But being that this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?"
"Were gonna need a $hitload of dimes" by Slim Pickens in Blazing Saddles
"Ahh Its only a flesh wound" by the Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail
"Get your own tots" Napoleon Dynamite

What are some of your favorites?

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
394 Posts
We obviously have similar tastes in movies.

From Clint, "Go ahead, make my day" would rank above his "I know what you're thinking" IMO. Then there is, "A man's got to know his limitations". "Right turn, Clyde". His memorable lines just go on and on.
Jack Nicholson, "Sell crazy somewhere else - we're all stocked up", and of course "You can't handle the truth!"
Sean Penn, "You dick!"
Tom Selleck, "Said I didn't have much use for them - never said I didn't know how".
Val Kilmer, "I'm your huckleberry"
"Broke into the wrong 'rec room didn't you?"
"We're gonna need a bigger boat"

·
Registered
207 Posts
"Help! Help! I'm being repressed! Now we see the violence inherent in the system!" Or, "he's not the messiah! He's a very naughty boy!" Both Monty Python. Also " you don't get to wield supreme executive power just cause some watery bint lobbed a scimitar at you!"

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
As an engineer, the movie The Right Stuff

just about every 3rd line in the movie is quotable in one situation or another

"You know what makes space ships fly?

Funding!"

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From Heartbreak Ridge...

What do you think gunny? "Its a cluster f#$k sir" Clint Eastwood
Badges? Badges? We dont need no stinking badges...Blazing Saddles

·
Registered
156 Posts
The only one that is not related to The Godfather and gets me every time is from A Bronx Tale.

"That wasn't very nice, now you gotta leave."
"I'll tell you when the f*ck we leave..."

Sonny locks the door to the bar, shrugs and says, "Now yous can't leave."

The narrative after was great as well:
"I will never forget the look on their faces. All eight of them. Their faces dropped.
All their courage and strength was drained right from their bodies. They had a reputation for breaking up bars, but they knew
that instant, that they'd made a fatal mistake. This time they walked into the wrong bar"

·
Registered
6,022 Posts

·
2,788 Posts
Chief Dan George in another Eastwood classic The Outlaw Josey Wales:

Eastwood: "Whenever I get to likin' someone they ain't around long."
George: "I notice when you get to dislikin' someone they ain't around long either."

Too many good lines in that movie to list...my all time favorite.

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
My second favorite is from Mystery Men.

The Bowler (Janeane Garofalo) had a bowling ball with her father's skull in it.

The Blue Raja: "Sorry, but am I to understand you've inserted your father's skull inside of that ball for bowling?"
The Bowler: "No, the guy at the pro shop did it."

As an engineer, the movie The Right Stuff

just about every 3rd line in the movie is quotable in one situation or another

"You know what makes space ships fly?

Funding!"
[/QUOT
Blazing Saddles
Nope. Originally from a Humphrey Bogart film, and a great one at that.

The Treasure of The Sierra Madre

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli - Clemenza, The Godfather
Tell em the law's coming. You tell em I'm coming and hell's coming with me! - Wyatt Earp, Tombstone
I can't promise you that I will bring you home alive. But, this I swear before you & before Almighty God, that when we go into battle. I will be the first to set foot on the field, and the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together. So help me good. - Lt. Colonel Hal Moore, We Were Soldiers
Sir, Custer was a p*ssy. You ain't. - Sgt Major Basil Plumley, We Were Soldiers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
2,025 Posts
Amy Archer: I used to think you were a swell guy. Well, to be honest, I thought you were an imbecile. But then I figured out you WERE a swell guy... A little slow, maybe, but a swell guy. Well, maybe you're not so slow, But you're not so swell either. And it looks like you're an imbecile after all! The Hudsucker Proxy with Tim Robbins.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts