Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here. Just bought a Stratoliner. I'm 5'8" - front of feet touch the ground, heels about an inch and a half off. Currently has Mustang seats, which I enjoyed on my previous 950.

What is the best/safest way to lower myself an inch or so with this bike?

I looked at front spring and rear bar lowering kits, but heard of tires scraping fenders and floorboards scraping the road. Can anyone comment further?

Are there better seat options to lower me without sacrificing comfort? (back rest preferred as I enjoy long days on the bike, but I am getting old)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lowering.

I’m 5’1” and I dislike having to lower my bikes so what I’ve found works for me is to get the dealer to compress the shock as much as possible. I get 2 1/2 inches closer to the ground that way. I’m not sure it would work for anyone heavier than me because you are taking the travel out of the suspension but it’s always an option. This is what I’ve done with the 5 I’ve had.

Michelle

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
not sure if the strat has the monoshock like my 650, but mine has an adjustable preload, goes from something like 0 to 7 maybe?

there is a table in the owners manual that gives the setting for the riders weight.

If this is a used bike the previous owner may have cranked it up all the way - something to check. It will change how high the bike sits with your weight on the spring.

·
Registered
245 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts