Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got back from a 3 hour ride and my a$$ is killing me. Happens every time I go more than an hour or so.

Why? I have a Mustang seat with backrest and it pushes me too far forward. The family jewels are perched on the end of the tank, and only half my own posterior is actually on the seat. I'm 'perched' on the edge more than sitting on it. (Sick Mick - you said this would happen, I know...) It's NOT the backrest. That's as far back as it can go. It's simply the design of the seat.

So my question is this. Given my problem what's the best seat to let me "push back" a bit further? Stock? Something else?

(FWIW, I don't have the stock seat - got the bike with the Mustang on it)...

Thanks in advance,

KC

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Yeah.....most 1100 riders i know do not like the Mustang at all, including me. Look at the Corbin and the Ultimate.....you'll be much happier. They sit you down and back instead of up and forward pushing you against the tank.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Mick. Checking 'em both out. Corbin seems to have several options, Ultimate only one. I'm thinking to bobber the thing so I'd be looking for just the single rider seat in either case.

Anyone out there riding one of these and can comment? Especially versus a mustang?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a Saddelman seat not sure what model. My ASS would get a bit stiff and sore UNTIL......I did the 6" forward ScootMod floorboard extension. AMAZING difference. 300 mile trip last weekend and my AZZ felt GOOD!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've done 'em all. Stock, stock re-stuffed twice, Mustang, Corbin (Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Yamaha V-Star 1100 | 800-538-7035) and Ultimate. Ultimate was best, but not great. My shed is a bit of a graveyard of 1100 seats. I've said in other posts, I think maybe it's me, not the seat. I can go about an hour-and-a-half on the Ultimate. Of all of them, the Corbin sits you the lowest and the farthest rearward, but it is also the stiffest.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts