Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be changing spark plugs soon and since I'll have everything off, I'm thinking about better air flow. I've seen references to a big air kit and other mods but can't find much information.

Anyone done a DIY version? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,281 Posts
I modded my factory air box on my 950 by drilling holes front and back and added a k&n air filter and it helped, but when I added the 360 degree open air filter kit, huge performance difference. So that's my input, hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I modded my factory air box on my 950 by drilling holes front and back and added a k&n air filter and it helped, but when I added the 360 degree open air filter kit, huge performance difference. So that's my input, hope it helps.
Thanks Keith! It does help! What kit did you go with?

·
Super Moderator
6,281 Posts
I went with the LA Choppers XXX kit. I got it thru eBay on a really good deal. That was the most significant improvement for me. The cobra 4" slip on muffler helped, but the open air filter kit was the biggest gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
And this Mod fits which bikes? The Brains Air Box Mod?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice. Too bad they do not make something like that for some of the other Yamaha Bikes like the 1300 or 950 and such. A nice prince to gain some added horsepower without going overboard on price. And apparently still keeping a stock look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts