Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if I could get the same benefit of a big air kit If I just used a different air filter or mod the original airbox or both and would it be as good?

Or is there anyone who makes adaptor plates to use Harley intakes on the xvss1300

·
Super Moderator
6,768 Posts
Before I added the open air filter kit on my 950, I modded the factory box. Slight improvement, barely noticeable. After the open air filter kit, big difference. Just remember our bikes come very lean from the factory to meet California EPA standards. The more air you let in and out, the better the performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,690 Posts
most aftermarket air intakes will be an improvement over stock because they are designed to let more air into the intake. so unless you completely remove your stock box completely exposing the air filter, you're probably not going to get as much of a gain as you would an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured that was going to be the case, but I was hoping it was the air filter itself that restricted the air intake..... anyway I shall see if I can get some sort of adaptor plate made up to accomodate some of the cheaper harley style air filter knock offs ..... with that in mind would someone be able to tell me if the air intakes of Stryker 1300 and the xvs1300A models are the same as I have seen a stryker owner has made one up and I might be able to get him to make me one up as well.
Again thanks for the help fellas

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put the Baron Big Air Intake on my 1300, and It made a HUGE difference in power and response. When I took the stock cone of silence off and put the open breather on, I could hear the difference in the exhaust and feel the difference in the ride. I will have to give the same advise I was given when I did it, invest in the Ivan's Flash for your ECU if you do change out your air intake. You will not regret it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts