Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big Bar Engine Guard Broken Mounting Bolt UPDATED

Well, once again the techs at the Yamaha dealership came through for me. They replaced the bolts that came with the highway bars with larger and stronger ones.
I was amazed at how crappy two of the bolts that Yamaha supplied with the highway bars were. I don't how the tech could have installed the bars without those bolts breaking in the first place. I'm talking about Big Lots sale bin quality here.
Makes no sense to me....$150 highway bar and $.01 bolts to install them with.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Dang right I would take it back and real soon so they can't try to blame it on you. It could be bad if the bar came off while you are riding. You paid to have the work done so it should be done right.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang right I would take it back and real soon so they can't try to blame it on you. It could be bad if the bar came off while you are riding. You paid to have the work done so it should be done right.
The highway bar is on pretty tight where it is mounted to the floorboard bolts, but I don't want it vibrating against the frame downtubes all the time if it's not tight against them.

It's not a huge deal and 9 out of 10 people probably would have never noticed the broken bolt, but I just like to see bolt heads where bolt heads are supposed to be located. LOL!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
You didn't snap the bolt so it shouldn't be your problem.... take it back and make sure they don't charge you for the labor! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any news on what they did?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Well, once again the techs at the Yamaha dealership came through for me. They replaced the bolts that came with the highway bars with larger and stronger ones.
I was amazed at how crappy two of the bolts that Yamaha supplied with the highway bars were. I don't how the tech could have installed the bars without those bolts breaking in the first place. I'm talking about Big Lots 10 bolts for a dollar quality here.
Makes no sense to me....$150 highway bar and $.01 bolts to install them with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
bolts breaking

I did install engine bar by my self and I had no problem with factory supply bolts,they over torque before the bolt can be broke.Only grade 5 bolt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts