Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2014 Victory Cross Country to go with the VStar Custom in the stable. The Vic will be my distance bike and the VStar will be the bar hopper.

The Vic is huge, brand new and I'm already modding it... LOL It never ends!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Got to say, of all the Victories, the Cross Country is my favorite. Why a Victory as apposed to a Harley or Indian? 'cause you already had the metric tools? Lol. I'm thinking, it's good to be you. Rubber side down buddy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I myself am looking for a bigger bike, just need to decide on which on; Vic, Harley, Kawi Vaquaro. I envy you. So tell us, why Vic?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smoother power delivery and the Harley bigger engines have problems in the valve trains. That and I liked the the extended custom look to the bags.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.....

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mick Here's some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
As all others have said, congrats on the new ride. I was on the fence and went the other way but sure was tempted by the Vic.

·
Registered
473 Posts
That was one of two I was considering but I want passing lamps and they don't make them for the CC and Im not a huge fan of the fairing style (yet). 2 friends of mine have the CC and love them. What mods are/have you done? I call the CC the "599"bike because every damn accessory is 599! lol

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
LOL only a few so far
1.Swapped and added speakers 4" to 6.5 front and added 6.5 in the bags.
with a 300 x 4 RF Punch Amp
2.Removed Cats 1 on each side of my oil filter bad design just cooks the oil.
3.Added Dobeck Gen4 AFR+ Fuel Controller way to lean from the Manf cooled the bike down
4.Stg1 Exhaust from Dealer
5.Added Pass Boards
6.Added Heel shifter
7.Lloyds Hi Flow Air Cleaner
8.Lloyds Variable Timing Wheel
9.Passenger Backrest
10.HID Lights Hi/Lo
4 thru 10 parts were thrown in by the Dealer and I had to put on.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The Dobeck sounds promising. They don't have a Gen 4 yet for the 1300 but they have a Gen 3 and the website encourages calling them for a custom solution. I'm thinking about it. How's that Gen 4+ working out for you so far?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Overall great with one caveat. Sometimes it seems to forget where it's set at. Twice the throttle position where the yellow (closed loop cruise) comes on has shifted but it's a minor adjustment I can make as I cruise down the road.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts