Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other week I'm riding to work up I-440 when this dually pulling a cargo trailer cuts in front of me on the exit lane. Next thing I know I hear something from the front of his truck and out comes this big piece of tire tread from a semi. Holy flying gators batman! All I could do was run it over. I think it freaked out the guy in a truck behind me more because he backed waaay off. I guess he thought I was going to wipe out. Luckily I didn't. I started cussing in my helmet at the guy the rest of the way to work as we both ended up going the same route. Got to work and checked out the damage. Looks like I'll be saving up for a new fender. It bent the front to the side, pushed a mounting stud in the rear outward, and mucked up the paint. *sigh*.... Haven't even had this bike 6 months. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sucks for sure, but at least you didn't go down. Hope the repair isn't too hard on the wallet...
$834 before tax and I haven't verified if that includes the chrome trim or not. :frown:

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Nice save but too bad about the damage. Indian parts are not cheap. I was guessing around $1000 looking at the pics. Glad you held it up though.

·
Super Moderator
4,636 Posts
Main thing is you are ok. Bummer on the estimated cost of the repair. Does that estimate cover a new pair of underwear? Ride careful and watch for:

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
sometimes when a truck is about to throw a tread, you can smell rubber burning behind the truck

sometimes you can see smoke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts