Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone besides me been to this rally? Been going every year since 2005, great times and friendly atmosphere.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
When,where? maybe a link might help.I know I'm too far away but someone else here might like some info on it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
??? Why do you avoid Arkansas. There is some great riding up here in the Ozarks unless you are the flat lander type. I was born and raised in Texas and there are no hills like here that I know of.Have fun at the rally.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree with Hammer there is some great riding in the Ozarks. But..... there are parts of Arkansas that you will hear dualing banjos and men squilling like pigs so if you hear that just ride in the opposite direction!! Bikes Blues and BBQ is a great rally but the town is just running out of room to hold it they need to find a bigger location and with it being a college town makes it better

·
Administrator
13,283 Posts
i grew up right next to the state and have spent plenty of time in it. everything about it is subpar. it's ugly, backwoods, full of dumb people, backwards in every way possible, smells bad...........the only fun thing to do in Arkansas is to leave. i did spend most of my summers on a lake in that state so that holds a special place in my heart, but everything else about the state i hate. some people call it the armpit of America.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i grew up right next to the state and have spent plenty of time in it. everything about it is subpar. it's ugly, backwoods, full of dumb people, backwards in every way possible, smells bad...........the only fun thing to do in Arkansas is to leave. i did spend most of my summers on a lake in that state so that holds a special place in my heart, but everything else about the state i hate. some people call it the armpit of America.
So I guess your not going? :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doesn't sound like it to me either,just means more beer for the rest of us. Too bad some people are so narrow minded.------ just one of my opinions, I have lots of em.

·
Registered
71 Posts
from spending half my life in and around that state, that makes it an experienced observation. not narrow-mindedness.
to me it sounds like it makes you one of them :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was transfered to North Little Rock for a year - Everything you said here is exactly how it went for me. Awesome lakes - thats all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes there are places in Arkansas I would not live in but as far as riding goes you can't beat the Ozarks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have attended BB&BBQ since 2007. Love it. I live in Arkansas, just 30 min north of the Fayetteville. Moved here 20yrs ago(by choice) from Mississippi. Some of the BEST Motorcycle riding in the US. Great people and towns here in NW Arkansas.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bikes Blues and BBQ is a fun rally... And great roads for riding... Great food everywhere. This rally is next week. This year the bikers don't have to share the road with the 2,000+ Corvettes that are usually in Eureka Springs on the same 4 days for their Corvette Weekend Event.
But me, I am a biker and Corvette owner. When they are on seperate weekends it's a 2 week vacation for me..
To all that are going, Ride Safe!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just got back from eureka springs about 2 weeks ago.Met my brother down there, He lives in cleveland tx.He trailer me a bike now to ride an that was my first time there.The ozarks mountians are fun to cruise on.They had a big car show going on.We was talking to a guy an he told us about the bikes blues and bbq.We are plaining on doing the same next year for the bike rally.Thats my brother an his wife on the hd.I'm rideing the v star.The green baskets my back rest.It worked :D

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts