Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use bike bright cleaner on their VStar.. I have a Harley buddy that worships it... Spray it on and rinse it off. Cleans great he says...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I have not used it myself, but have a Hardly buddie that does, swears by it. Seems there is a small quirk bout these Hardly guys for whatever reason.:rolleyes:

No doubt a good product, but I think it depends how dirty the bike is to start with. I have tried many, all fair to great, but none will spray on, rinse off and have a showroom bike, like my ol friend says.

The only way I ever got a super clean and shiney bike was to invest some (a lot) elbow grease:eek: Ride Safe:cool:

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've never used one product to clean and shine. I wash, wax, and now that I'm on a cruiser polish chrome. :)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
TenTwelve, in answer to your ? I think maybe start with primer gray and go from there. I sort of figger black with the little sparkles that shine in the sun, with lots of crome:D Black and crome:cool:

Have fun, Ride Safe:cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a Harley guy tell me about it today. He too swears by it. I wash dry and polish the old fashion way and I enjoy doing it. He is going to let me try it this week, I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tried bike bright today on my bike. My bike was filthy I haven't cleaned it in 2 weeks and rode it 200 miles yesterday. I washed it with a spray on soap that is like bike bright, the HD guy gave me had to wash it with regular soap. The spray on polish is just as much work as the regular chrome polish. It's just waiting to let it sit then buff. I lime my turtle wax chrome polish better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For the shinyest and easy shine, I use Turtle Wax Platinum spray and microfiber rags. it shines like ........ uh, something really really shiny......................................say a Diamond....:)

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have a can of Moto-Pro spray on and wipe off. Look, the product is good and for a quick job it does the trick. I have used it on occasion but I am not really iinto it. And yeah a Harley buddy gave it to me. I still lie the was and shine of the chrome.

·
Registered
440 Posts
By far and away my cleaner of choice is Spray Nine. Degreses very well, yet not harsh on painted surfaces. Yes, of course you have to polish and shine after a wash. It wouldn't be a proper wash without the task, besides you get up close and personal with your ride, which can prevent other future issues down the road. :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
We use Lucas Slick Mist. It's a "speed wax" but also works great at getting dried bug splatter off windscreen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts