Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
I use the Dowco Guardian on both bikes. I figure you will need at least the XXL for your HD.
Amazon.com: Dowco Guardian 50005-02 WeatherAll Plus Indoor/Outdoor Waterproof Motorcycle Cover: Black, XX-Large : Everything Else
Around 5 years of being in all weather, the stitching starts to come undone around the elastic cinch strap at the bottom.

View attachment 110805 View attachment 110806

I would put some some of paver down for the bike to sit on. Long periods of resting in the dirt is not good for the rubber.
I have used the same Dowco Guardian for years. In fact, my uncle gave it to me when he sold his Gold Wing and it was about three years old then. Great cover. Used when parking my bike under a carport in both Florida and S/E Texas with no problems at all.

·
Registered
05 VStar 650 Custom, 87 GL1200 Interstate, 07 Tank 150 scooter, 2018 TaoTao Rhino 250 atv
42 Posts
I have a cheap suggestion and one “do not recommend “
Cheap suggestion is try to locate a roofing company doing a job. Pick up a big pile of old shingles. Sit under that carport, in a chair with a cold one, denail, and then lay out a 4x8 patch, double up if you get a lot. There is your free vapor barrier.

Do not recommend is any cover by Nelson-Rigg. Mine disintegrated in less than two years on my Wing. POS. Enjoy your retirement, mine was forced upon me in July!

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
13,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Several of my friends here in Houston have this cover and really like it. Any of y`all have input?

Product Font Material property Screenshot Web page

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Everyone has given some great advice Les, before we got this place I had just an overhang for the bikes. Since Monica worked for A store that threw away their rubber floor mats I got three of them. Check local stores that throw them away. The shingles are a great idea as well I’ve seen them used too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
13,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I ordered the cover I posted above and came in today. Fits well and is tailored for fairing and tour pack. Has several straps that buckle underneath. There's a big draw string at bottom. Top is lined with soft material to not scratch paint or windshield. The sides have a heat resistant fabric so hot exhaust should an issue. I did a test fit, but won't use it till I move.

Automotive tire Fender Automotive design Personal protective equipment Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Grey Automotive design Fixture Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Road surface Grey Asphalt

Automotive tire Automotive design Grey Sleeve Tire

·
13,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Reactions: Brad_G

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
705 Posts
Nice for covering the bike for extended periods in Winter, for example. Not so much during daily use though. I noticed by your trail cam pics you get snow and winter conditions where your new house is. In Arizona where we can ride all year round it wouldn't get used that much and taking it off and on would get old quick. Good to see it has some ventilation vents.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts