Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the Bike of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below:
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. No collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your bike. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all "legal" modifications to your bike, if you have done any.*
  3. You must currently own the bike being entered.
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your bike, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your bike.*
  5. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  6. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Good luck!

-Mike

·
Registered
658 Posts
I highly doubt I'll be entering this contest, I just don't modify my bikes much. However, I do need to ask, what does ROTM mean?

·
Super Moderator
3,528 Posts
There is nothing about nominating another persons bike.

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
168 Posts
Doesn't seem to be a rush for entries... so I'll kick it off then. :cool:

Modifications:
Replaced the entire rear light assembly and number plate holder, removed rear seat and installed a luggage rack, added easily removable pannier bags for long trips, added a pod kit that cleaned up the look and added a few more horses, removed the ais system, changed to mini apes on 3" risers, Oxford bar-end weights, changed from old style rear view mirrors to neater curved stem mirrors, smaller bullet style indicator lights front and rear, shortened the front oem indicator mount stems by about 1,5" on each side and mounted the indicators into them with sturdy rubber grommets, Bates style headlight, 6" forward controls to make space for my legs, removed the "push" throttle cable (not needed), Denali Mini Soundbomb hooter because loud hooters save lives, Cobra 2163sc slip-on exhausts (not because loud pipes save lives but because I like the brrrmmm brrrmmm sounds they make), 3" lowering brackets on the rear suspension, upgraded/stiffer rear shock absorber, bracket to move helmet lock to the front mudguard mount because when the bags are on the rear it's covered and totally useless, QwikView mirror installed so I can easily check the oil while sitting on the bike, screw in oil plug temperature gauge, painted the side covers a more discreet black, installed a carb cover to match the one on the left in place of the air filter chrome dog bowl that was removed, and lastly replaced the standard "choke" cable with one from a 650 and relocated it to the rear of the right-hand carb cover. Left hand controls from a 650 (without choke lever) arriving by DHL today.

My favourite aspect of the bike:
I suppose it has to be the reliability, boring I know but at 21 years old it still runs like new and despite me (a non-mechanic) tinkering with it all the time it still runs great. Added to that is the bikes inherent ease of maintenance, the technology is from a time when riders could still maintain and repair their own rides.

My favourite memory:
My favourite memories are of course the rides taken with friends (or even sometimes without) to rallies, meetups, camping, Sunday rides to nowhere, etc. You meet the nicest people on a motorcycle. (my apologies to Honda for the blatant appropriation and abuse of their famous advertising line)

Three pictures as she looks today:

·
Administrator
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I highly doubt I'll be entering this contest, I just don't modify my bikes much. However, I do need to ask, what does ROTM mean?
ROTM = Ride of the Month. Updated it to reflect Bike of the Month.

-Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Doesn't seem to be a rush for entries... so I'll kick it off then. :cool:

Modifications:
Replaced the entire rear light assembly and number plate holder, removed rear seat and installed a luggage rack, added easily removable pannier bags for long trips, added a pod kit that cleaned up the look and added a few more horses, removed the ais system, changed to mini apes on 3" risers, Oxford bar-end weights, changed from old style rear view mirrors to neater curved stem mirrors, smaller bullet style indicator lights front and rear, shortened the front oem indicator mount stems by about 1,5" on each side and mounted the indicators into them with sturdy rubber grommets, Bates style headlight, 6" forward controls to make space for my legs, removed the "push" throttle cable (not needed), Denali Mini Soundbomb hooter because loud hooters save lives, Cobra 2163sc slip-on exhausts (not because loud pipes save lives but because I like the brrrmmm brrrmmm sounds they make), 3" lowering brackets on the rear suspension, upgraded/stiffer rear shock absorber, bracket to move helmet lock to the front mudguard mount because when the bags are on the rear it's covered and totally useless, QwikView mirror installed so I can easily check the oil while sitting on the bike, screw in oil plug temperature gauge, painted the side covers a more discreet black, installed a carb cover to match the one on the left in place of the air filter chrome dog bowl that was removed, and lastly replaced the standard "choke" cable with one from a 650 and relocated it to the rear of the right-hand carb cover. Left hand controls from a 650 (without choke lever) arriving by DHL today.

My favourite aspect of the bike:
I suppose it has to be the reliability, boring I know but at 21 years old it still runs like new and despite me (a non-mechanic) tinkering with it all the time it still runs great. Added to that is the bikes inherent ease of maintenance, the technology is from a time when riders could still maintain and repair their own rides.

My favourite memory:
My favourite memories are of course the rides taken with friends (or even sometimes without) to rallies, meetups, camping, Sunday rides to nowhere, etc. You meet the nicest people on a motorcycle. (my apologies to Honda for the blatant appropriation and abuse of their famous advertising line)

Three pictures as she looks today:
View attachment 105297 View attachment 105298 View attachment 105299
Wow !
That's a beautiful machine.
Well taken care of !
Why do you have a Harley sticker on the rear of the motorcycle ? :)

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
168 Posts
Wow !
That's a beautiful machine.
Well taken care of !
Why do you have a Harley sticker on the rear of the motorcycle ? :)
😎😜🎶

1 - 7 of 7 Posts