Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my 99 v star 1100 out here and there and its ran like a champ... so i took it out, got about 45 mins away and it starts breaking up, popping, and i have to hold the throttle to keep it running, its boggy so i have like half the power, then it clears up for about 2mins and repeats... but it keeps getting worse and worse, i manage to limp it home. shut it off and let it cool down. i then pop the gas cap, and shine a flashlight on the gas... its kinda cloudy... so i then drain the tank and not only is the glass cloudy theres a ton of garbage in the bottom of the tank... so i pull the tank and clean the sludge out... drain the carbs, put new gas in.... takes forever to get running again but still runs like crap and it will only ide.... on choke itll obviously rev up some but pops and isnt happy, choke off idles ok... touch the throttle it stalls.... any help will be greatly appreciated as im a dirtbike atv guy and this is my 1st street bike

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Time to take the carbs off and clean them out. My guess is that your main jets are plugged......and who knows what else...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts