Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here , hows everyone,. I bought a used 09 vstar from private owner who bought it new , i have had bike like few years now,, took bike to 2 shops they can't hear noise that i do, sound is like strangling canaries,.coming from area where belt goes to drive ,, Belt is fine , says last mechanic who changed out both tires,,maybe kidnap a mechanic make him ride bitch with me so he can hear it,haha

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
men over 50 something cant hear high frequency sounds...

how old are these mechanics?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,141 Posts

·
2,387 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Try posting your question in the appropriate tech forum. Not everyone reads the new introduction posts and you'll probably get more responses there.

·
2,387 Posts
I don't have a belt drive either but I've read on here that the tension Yamaha recommends is too tight. There have been discussions about it here but I don't have a link to any of them. I'm sure someone will chime in with it though.

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
Welcome! I agree with what’s been previously stated. I own a 950 that’s belt driven and I’d start there as well. Posting in the Vstar section will give you more exposure and get more feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts