Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any mid-Atlantic riders who can recommend a good shop to take my 650 to? I bought her a few months ago with 15,000 miles and haven't done anything to her yet.

I am going to be putting on new pipes, so I was thinking it would be a good time to take it someplace, maybe have the carbs synched, brakes checked, plugs replaced, various other initial maintenance and inspections that should probably be performed.

I live in DC and am looking for recommendations of places. While I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, and will do things like change the oil, etc., I don't have the tools, the space or the time to do more extensive work on the bike at the moment.

Any leads and experiences (good or bad) are appreciated.

Thanks.
-Igor (eye-Gor)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Igor,
Try COD Accessories in White Plains, MD, owner Jason Humphries, 301-932-7313. He was recommended by several riders I know at Joint Base Andrews and I've used him for a year now and I recommend him as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would suggest going to Honda Powersports of Rockville. All their techs are Honda and Yamaha Certified. They are honest, and don't charge set price. They charge by how long it actually takes them. To give you an example, oil change is like $60.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts