Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
The dealer I have used a couple times has that 10 year rule. But it isn't set in stone, and all I had to do was show up with the bike and speak with the service manager. He said "I would be proud to work on it". Overriding his service writer. I think they just want to avoid the money pit jobs, and that gives them an alibi reason to say no to work they don't want to do. I also think that if you use a shop for a while before the 10 year point is reached, they will be more likely to continue working for you, as long as you are a customer with a good repute.
This makes sense. One thing I think of when I need bike work that I cannot do myself....a dealership is great for a straight forward repair or installation, an independent shop can do the same, but can also troubleshoot some elusive gremlin that is hounding your bike. It's been my experience that dealerships try to avoid that type of work, and are usually not very good at it. I like independent because you can speak directly to the guy who will put his hands on your bike. That is sometimes more difficult to do at a dealership.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts