Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2015 V-Star 950 Touring
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Happy New Year!
I am thinking about purchasing a motorcycle shelter for my 950.
One I can ride into, park my bike, cover and lock.
Been looking around and there are plenty.
Anyone own one they really like? Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Seth

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I've seen the ones that work like a fan, you pull in and dismount then pull the semi-rigid cover over the bike. I don't know where to get them or how much bit they look like they would be perfect.

I ordered a big, pre-built shed for the backyard to park the bike in. It's going to be 1/2 storage and 1/2 shop/garage/man-cave.

This sort of thing, I guess fabric might not be a good choice if you are in snow country.

Motorcycle tents

Another thing that popped up in that search were the resin storage sheds, my daughter had one (hurricane took it) that was 10 X 10 and I don't think she paid a ton of money for it. They look expensive on Amazon but check your local big box stores.

Garden Shed

·
Premium Member
605 Posts

This is the one I was trying to find. I saw it a while back.

EDIT: I just went and found their website, about $4300 USD plus shipping. You can get quite a large shed for that and have room for the lawnmower... :D It won't be as cool looking though.

EDIT2: bikeBOX 24 - Standard garage - vehicle shed / shelter / storage

·
Registered
2015 V-Star 950 Touring
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey folks. Happy New Year!
I am thinking about purchasing a motorcycle shelter for my 950.
One I can ride into, park my bike, cover and lock.
Been looking around and there are plenty.
Anyone own one they really like? Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Seth

Thanks Jeff. I was parking under the carport and covered. Bike is now outside, still covered, and just want further protection. The small workshop/laundry room won’t hold the bike. I’ve seen the ones you mention. Figured something like that would work okay. 👍
I've seen the ones that work like a fan, you pull in and dismount then pull the semi-rigid cover over the bike. I don't know where to get them or how much bit they look like they would be perfect.

I ordered a big, pre-built shed for the backyard to park the bike in. It's going to be 1/2 storage and 1/2 shop/garage/man-cave.

·
Registered
2015 V-Star 950 Touring
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not snow country but tons of rain, and occasional snow.
If it’s good fabric, then I would not worry. The shed is not an option. I live on a green belt so no real backyard to put anything. I’m talking drive way for storage.
Thanks!

This sort of thing, I guess fabric might not be a good choice if you are in snow country.

Motorcycle tents

Another thing that popped up in that search were the resin storage sheds, my daughter had one (hurricane took it) that was 10 X 10 and I don't think she paid a ton of money for it. They look expensive on Amazon but check your local big box stores.

Garden Shed

·
Registered
2015 V-Star 950 Touring
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
468 Posts
Look Into the old-school tin sheds. They are in the $400+ range for a big enough for a bike size. You will need to modify it with a custom door ( wider / almost entire side) but some pressure treated plywood and hinges should work.

Or, leave the door alone and actually remove a side and build a door!

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
468 Posts

Or do what I did. Go to Amazon and search: garden shed. I didn't try shedS.

Here are some examples:
SUNCROWN Outdoor Garden Storage Shed White 6X8 FT Yard Storage Tool with Sliding Door for Lawn Equipment Garden Backyard - White $369.00.

SUNCROWN Outdoor Garden Storage Shed White 6X8 FT Yard Storage Tool with Sliding Door for Lawn Equipment Garden Backyard - White $360.

JAXPETY 8' x 8' Large Outdoor Storage Shed, Garden Backyard Metal Utility Tool Shed, Lawn Building Garage Organizer w/ Sliding Door, Roof and 4 Vents, Coffee $393.

EDIT: These are NOT recommendations, only EXAMPLES.

·
Registered
2015 V-Star 950 Touring
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting idea. I'll take a look at the space possibility.
Thanks!

Look Into the old-school tin sheds. They are in the $400+ range for a big enough for a bike size. You will need to modify it with a custom door ( wider / almost entire side) but some pressure treated plywood and hinges should work.

Or, leave the door alone and actually remove a side and build a door!

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
468 Posts
And just for clarification: the last one is coffee COLORED. Does not come with coffee! (Darn!)

Tan/brown, green, white are the most common colors available. Do not buy a plastic (?sp? ) Resin unit!! Not possible to modify without significant cost (bigger opening for bike) !!!

·
Registered
2008 vstar 1100 classic canadian edition
282 Posts
hinge it at the bottom so it comes down as a ramp, maybe put a fake door in it just incase someone tries to get in.

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
468 Posts
Darn good idea!! And if you do the bigger door on a side panel, you still have the original doors to go in/out without needing to open the "ramp door". SWEET!

·
Registered
2015 V-Star 950 Touring
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ha! No coffee..no deal!
Thanks for your help. 👍

And just for clarification: the last one is coffee COLORED. Does not come with coffee! (Darn!)

Tan/brown, green, white are the most common colors available. Do not buy a plastic (?sp? ) Resin unit!! Not possible to modify without significant cost (bigger opening for bike) !!!

·
Registered
2015 V-Star 950 Touring
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. I've read good things about CycleShell. Starting to lean that way.

·
Administrator
14,697 Posts
unless you go for a full shed, what is the advantage of getting any of the several 'tents' shown here versus just getting a bike cover for $20?

·
Registered
2015 V-Star 950 Touring
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
unless you go for a full shed, what is the advantage of getting any of the several 'tents' shown here versus just getting a bike cover for $20?
I do have a cover for my bike. Does a decent job. The reason for the “tent” type? I moved my bike out from under the carport. I want some added protection for total coverage.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts