Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a take off from my other post, now that the wife rides on her own, i would like to get intercoms, what i have seen is they are so expensive my question is....do they work good enough to justify the cost???

·
Registered
89 Posts
We use the Scala Rider Q2 and really like them. We use them for 2-up and when we ride separately. Also came in handy when my wife was learning to ride her own bike--I could coach from the sideline. It provides comms and is bluetooth. It has a built in radio and accomodates mp3 and cell phone. Haven't experienced any interferrence issues and the batteries hold a charge for at least 8 hours (maybe longer, but 8hours is the longest we've used them). Don't know the real range but at least half a mile. We were able to find them on sale for under $200. There are many good wireless comm systems available but this one works well for us!

Here's an example: http://www.compacc.com/p/Scala-Rider-TeamSet-PRO

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Blue tooth

I bought a cheap one on E Bay. Bluetooth, connects 3 devices, bike to bike or passenger, and cell phone.

I'm sure the more expensie ones are better but it is not bad for less than $60. Name is BT intercom. Not sure how much over 55 MPH you could use it unless you have full faced helmet.

Dave

·
Registered
143 Posts
The wife and I use Autocoms system, they are very good but all comms are only as good as the radios you use. We had the basic radios but soon had to upgrade to better radios. If I was purchasing agin I would go even further and buy radios that I could plug an arial into and fix the arials onto the bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts