Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in any information that might be available on the traditional Bike Weeks and/or Weekend Rallies close enough for me to participate in. I am familiar with the Spring and Fall Bike Weeks in the Myrtle Breach, SC Areas. BUT trying to keep up with the various Rallies that are held in Maggie Valley annually is kind of confusing. Do the "STAR RIDERS" Groups participate collectively at any of these Weekend Rallies or Bike Weeks?

It is not practical for me to plan to ride all over the USA to attend Rallies, but do have interest in some of the areas in the Southeast USA. MY plan is to attend a couple of days with friends at the Myrtle Beach Bike Week this weekend coming up or a couple of weekdays next week on the South End in and the Murrell's Inlet area of the Grand Srand.

Thanks for the opportunity to post this and where every you choose to ride, please ride safe...MD

·
Registered
960 Posts
Have you checked this thread? We're planning to meet in late September at Maggie Valley - everyone is welcome to join!

Me, my wife and our friends are going to Myrtle next week.

The other 2 rallies that I know of are Sturgis and Daytona Beach.

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
My1100, we’d love to have you join us in September that nurtaeff eluded to. This is our first annual Southeastern event and if we have enough participation and interest, we’ll do it every year. Reserve your rooms at the Waynesville Inn, the host location. You don’t have to own a Yammy to attend. We’re planning to visit ‘Wheels Through Time’ museum and ride the dragon tail. It’s a family friendly event, so invite your friends to participate. We’ll be glad to answer any questions you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What dates in September is this mentioned gathering? AND is it also tied into one of the Maggie Valley Weekends also?

As for Myrtle Beach Spring Bike Week, I haven't got the details ironed out yet, but could be this weekend or Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Just not sure which way it will work out yet...MD

·
Registered
960 Posts
Sep 20-22. Meeting Friday Sep 21 at Wheels Through Time Museum at 10 am. Waynesville Inn Spa and Golf has a block of room reserved for "Yamaha Meet and Greet" event. It is going to be a bike rally week at Maggie Valley - lots of bikes, different events, etc.

As far as Myrtle our friends rented a house for a whole week and they're leaving this weekend. Us and some other friends will join them on Wednesday and we'll stay there till Saturday when we will all be coming back. If you happen to be there at that time frame - PM me and we could meet somewhere if you want.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
My1100, we’d love to have you join us in September that nurtaeff eluded to. This is our first annual Southeastern event and if we have enough participation and interest, we’ll do it every year. Reserve your rooms at the Waynesville Inn, the host location. You don’t have to own a Yammy to attend. We’re planning to visit ‘Wheels Through Time’ museum and ride the dragon tail. It’s a family friendly event, so invite your friends to participate. We’ll be glad to answer any questions you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Keith, thought I’d drop this here. It’s the best site for finding motorcycle roads with reviews and ratings too. There are other roads in that area that actually have a higher rating than Dragons Tail and they are less busy which makes for a nicer ride.
Check it out.
http://www.motorcycleroads.com/best/?c=109

1 - 6 of 6 Posts