Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 vstar 1100, just rejetted with 150mains 3 shims, 2.5 turns out i live in south carolina,, i think im running lean, but i really cant tell... bike seems to almost want to die out after ripping on the throttle..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
plugs are brown, i pushed the idle mix screw to 3.5 turns, and the bike seemed to actually run, but was very flat.. then after about a mile or so, i started getting backfire through the carbs.. im so lost...

·
Registered
11 Posts
light brown is good! Set the screws at 3 and if that doesnt do it you may need to go to a smaller main in both and take a shim or two out. Did you use a dyno jet kit or some other company. Stock is 112.5(f) and 110(r). 150 seems a bit much unless you have pod filters. What mods do you have? I will help you get this sorted out. I work as a yamaha mechanic anyways.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
im running 2 k&n pods, the bike seemed to run great at 2.5 turns out but was running very lean, the bike would studder then just take off..

settings where pods, 150 mains, 22.5 piolet, 2 shims, 2.5 turns out

when i uped the idle mixture to 3.5 the studder went away but ran very flat at WOT...

Shortly after the bike just started cutting out on WOT..

I reopened the carbs last night and noticed that the front main jet had backed out and was just sitting on top of the jet holder.... i reseated and going to try it out with new settings

2 pods, 150 mains, 2 shims, 22.5 piolet and 3.25 turns out...

ps.. i believe they changed the stock mainjets after the 05 modles, and added some restrictions to the carbs... my stock mains were 115(f). and 112(r)

also... on all these jet kits, i notice none of their directions say to drill out the throttle valve / needle slide holes to make them open quicker... ive heard of people doing this, i have yet done it becasue i havent found anything saying i should yet...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finished checking everything...

setup is at 150 mains, 22.5 pjets, 2 shims, 3.25 turns out on idle mixture screw...

low rpms seem good, mid torque seems flat, high rpms seem good..

may try 3 shims...

any suggestions?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, set up seems to work ok.... at cruise speeds around 60+ i can fill the bike chugging,, it loses power catches power, loses power gains power, and even worse when im not behind anyone,, when im behind a car, it runs ok.. im thinking im running lean on the half throttle,, try upping a needle and checking it out now,, wil get back to u..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
engine has a slight bogg at cruise speeds from anywhere around 60mph+

may bump up the needle to 3 and see what happens

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bumped the needle to 4 actually, and everything seems to be running great... i believe im a tad rich on the low rpms, but i think its ok for now, well see how it does when winter comes around..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts