Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else see the recent airing of 'Biketacular'? If so, share your thoughts on the bikes, and how they were ranked.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Couple on there I'm not sure belonged on the list. That one from the salt flats that used training wheels to get up and moving plus the tron bike or whatever. Should have been all real world actual motorcycles. Can't disagree with the knuckle head at #1. It's a sweet iconic piece of motorcycle history. I realize that 20 spots isn't alot of room but thought the cb750 could have moved up a spot or two.

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, the CB750 was a mean motor scooter in its heyday. In my opinion the list should have contained actual bikes you can ride on or off road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Maybe I'm just biased cuz my first was an 82 cb750 k i think it was. Cruiser styling with sport bike response plus the 4 into 2 or 4 whatever u call it exhaust was sweet.

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally agree, my neighbor in SoCal had one, stylish, very fast, great exhaust tone, and in their day they'd smoke just about anything out there. I think that's why I'm so looking forward to the resto I'll be doing on the 78' Honda CB550 four I was given. Has that similar look to it, exhaust setup lightweight, plus old school style kick start.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Firend of mine had ia cb 550 four. Orange and black. Found it in his grandpaps shead. Looked like hell but surprisingly 20 years of dust preserved everything. Polishing compound and sum never dull and she looked like new in a few hours. Thats what led to my purchase of my old yamaha xj550 maxim.

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweeeet! I think we should do a thread sometime on bike barnfinds and describe the bikes that were rescued from the scrap yards. Love the old Maxim's.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Interesting show. It was missing the Iconic WR400 that Changed Supercross and Motocross forever from 2-stoke to 4-stoke.

Also was missing any bikes from the Moto GP World.

The R1 could of had a good place on that list...

Again 20 is a short list.

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a nostalgic trip you took us on there farmalldanzill! Loved it, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
346 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts