Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to do a quick review of the Yamaha heel/toe shifter for the Venture/Eluder. LOVE IT!!! For me, toe shifters are more like top-of-the-foot shifters considering how far forward my foot is inevitably going to rest--always uncomfortable and unwieldy for me. Loved the heel shifter on the 'liner. This add-on for the Venture is perfect. I've got about and 1"-1 1/2" back to the heel from where my foot naturally rests on the board, and it works ideally. Makes up-shifting a breeze. If you like heel-shifting, this one feels well-made and I don't think it's likely to get in your way. Five biker-waves outta five. A little pricey but well worth it in my case.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I never ever considered a heel shifter. When i first got my classic i never considered using it. After a while started using it. Now i wouldn't part with it. On all my other bikes i always kept my feet on the hwy pegs and shifted and braked with my heels for 25 years

·
Registered
522 Posts
I had one on my Nomad...loved it. It was behind and flush with the floorboard. I bought one for my SVTC installed it and sold it after 10,000 miles. It took up too much floor space for me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
This is the first bike I have owned that has heel-toe shifter. So I am learning it, so far about 350 miles with It. I am enjoying it, but still learning it and the bike.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
If you can blow this up it is real good. The heel is a little higher than the foot board and behind it
Star1.jpg

·
Registered
810 Posts
My 950T is the first bike I've owned with a heel toe shifter. Fell in love with it the very first day and don't think I could live without one.
Had to put a Kuryakyn cover on it which made it a little larger and much easier to reach.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was curious about the way mine was installed relative to yours, Bucfan. The linkage, as you can see in the second pic, actually runs down low and behind that front cover. It’s a really close fit, but it works. i had the dealership install it when I was getting an oil change. I kinda thought maybe they installed it “wrong” but in the only way that would actually work for me—that maybe I just got lucky. I’m a 15 boot and have plenty of room on the footboard...maybe it’s just where your foot needs to be. Mine is pretty far forward. Wish it had worked out for ya!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts