Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2002 Yamaha Vstar 650 Custom
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

wondering if anyone has installed a Biltwell Whiskey Throttle on their Vstar before?
I have a 02 xvs650 Custom.

馃馃徏馃馃徏

Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
So I searched Biltwell for you here on the site. If you don't know how to search here, I'll be happy to show you.

Biltwell products are mentioned a good number of times, but the only reference to their throttle or grips is below. It appears that some machine work was necessary to make them work.

I searched whiskey too, but that seemed fruitless, LOL

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Bpounds!

I also searched Biltwell and Whiskey Throttle, but didn鈥檛 find much.

If anything, I think I might just get the part anyway and just adapt as I go. I know I鈥檒l have to change out the starter controls and put aftermarket parts on it. Also guessing I鈥檒l have to change out the cables

So I searched Biltwell for you here on the site. If you don't know how to search here, I'll be happy to show you.

Biltwell products are mentioned a good number of times, but the only reference to their throttle or grips is below. It appears that some machine work was necessary to make them work.

I searched whiskey too, but that seemed fruitless, LOL

Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
Hey guys!

wondering if anyone has installed a Biltwell Whiskey Throttle on their Vstar before?
I have a 02 xvs650 Custom.

馃馃徏馃馃徏
Quick question out of curiosity, what are you trying to accomplish with the Whiskey Throttle?

Registered
Hey Bpounds!

I also searched Biltwell and Whiskey Throttle, but didn鈥檛 find much.

If anything, I think I might just get the part anyway and just adapt as I go. I know I鈥檒l have to change out the starter controls and put aftermarket parts on it. Also guessing I鈥檒l have to change out the cables
That is an awful ambitious undertaking.

Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
Hey Lesblank,

I am trying to clean up the handle bars and relocate the switches.

馃憤馃徏馃馃徏
Sounds good. Just making sure you weren't having switch issues.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys!
Update here, installed the Biltwell Whiskey throttle. Ended up deleting the push cable so just running the pull cable. The eyelid had to be threaded to fit the throttle housing. I also rewired the start button and put it on the side there by the key switch.
Happy with the results. 馃馃徏

1 - 10 of 10 Posts