Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good source of black accessories for the Road Star? I just bought a 2007 Midnight Star and would like to add a few things, but want to do so with black accessories to offset some of the stock chrome. I really don't want to buy a new accessory just to have it painted or powder coated so I'm asking the experts.

·
Registered
342 Posts
A lot of stuff you won't find in black. Best option would be to find used stuff on ebay and have it powder coated. You can usually find some parts that the chrome doesn't look great on for decent prices.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at the Kuryakyn site, but they didn't have a sissy bar. How much does a normal powder coat job cost and do I need to do the prep or will the company do it?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Powder coat all depends on the shop.

I have a great relationship with a shop down the street from my house. I usually take a 6 pack with me when I drop by...

They powder coated my shift rod, floorboards, shift linkage, brake linkage and pegs for $50. I know they charged another custom shop down the street 100 for the same work.

Also, if you have the parts in hand when you pull up and they aren't busy or look busy negotiate. If they haven't had work in a while they may come down on pricing that they have set in stone just to get some revenue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts