Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post ever, so hopefully this isn't a silly question. The guy is this YouTube video:

has a 2009 V Star 650 Custom. I have a 2007. He has a black Kuryakyn Hypercharger on his bike and I can't find it anywhere on the internet. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on a black Kuryakyn hypercharger that fits the '07 650? All my searches for models that are compatible with my bike turn up the chrome color and I'm on a blackout mission. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I don't believe they sell a black one for the 650. What's wrong with buying a chrome one and painting it? Just scuff it well, prime and paint.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Aftermarket manufacturers don't make a whole lot for discontinued bikes. You'll be seeing less and less. Maybe you can find a used one...there's a billion 650's out there.

Or...do what I did....scuff and paint it the way you want it....

Mine is totally non functional except for the flaps...and serves only to scoop air onto the rear cylinder.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Aftermarket manufacturers don't make a whole lot for discontinued bikes. You'll be seeing less and less. Maybe you can find a used one...there's a billion 650's out there.

Or...do what I did....scuff and paint it the way you want it....

Mine is totally non functional except for the flaps...and serves only to scoop air onto the rear cylinder.
Ditto Mick. Get yourself some 1000-grit wet sandpaper. Scuff her up and hit her with some heat-resistant matte black. Will look tough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts