Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. The reason I've been so absent was because I was prepping for a trip, then on a trip to Tennessee back up the Appalachian Mountain line. I rode down to Sparta, TN with my good friend who likes to do 500 mile highway days. We arrived there in two days, which was 1,000 miles from my house in Massachusetts.

My friend Kevin and his girlfriend then headed West, and I took the slow ride home. It was awesome!!

Here are some pics.

Kevin and Kristen:

Me in the Bible Belt:

First night alone stayed in Boone, NC. What a cool town! I want to go back:

It was a little hazy my first day on the Blue Ridge Parkway, so this tree was admirably photogenic:

·
Super Moderator
4,509 Posts
Wow, great pictures. Glad you had a great time.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was amazed that in the last 200 miles of my mountain riding, I started to see some color in the trees. Massachusetts is not only North, but also further East. Now that I'm home I have less day light, and see that the trees have some color.

However, I think I brought the hot weather North with me! Must be due to all the hurricanes to the South. I don't know, I'll take it. I have another motorcycle trip planned this coming weekend with my women's MC.

I will leave you with a nice sexy shot of my V Star 950 in front of the mountains. (While that batwing was still black, painted it today):

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you @Keith Post and @lesblank. I like taking pics because it will help me to remember. - On my 1st and 2nd days I did not take that many, and I thought I would still remember what I saw and experienced. Remember that feeling.

I love the feeling of being a lone traveler. Yet, I love the fact that here in America we have so many conveniences. You can find gas. You can find food. There are people around, willing to help, I'm sure. - Amenities. We have amenities. I feel very lucky to live where I live, and to have the experiences I have had thus far.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
I think you broke the internet - none of the pictures load on my laptop.
Just a big grey circle with a minus sign... :^O

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
I think you better go back and take the photos over!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope they load. My internet is really slow. It's showing on my page. I will check on my phone. (My cellphone has faster connection with the 4G network. Home network stinks. Sorry. Will fix.)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hey everyone. The reason I've been so absent was because I was prepping for a trip, then on a trip to Tennessee back up the Appalachian Mountain line. I rode down to Sparta, TN with my good friend who likes to do 500 mile highway days. We arrived there in two days, which was 1,000 miles from my house in Massachusetts.

My friend Kevin and his girlfriend then headed West, and I took the slow ride home. It was awesome!!

Here are some pics.

Kevin and Kristen:

Me in the Bible Belt:

First night alone stayed in Boone, NC. What a cool town! I want to go back:

It was a little hazy my first day on the Blue Ridge Parkway, so this tree was admirably photogenic:

I see no pictures (( Would love to see them though

Boone is a cool little town, it is 1.5 hours from us, we rented a nice cabin in that area in April. And Blue Ridge is what I want to do with our friends one day. I rode Yamahas and Indians on it on that demo truck day and it was a lot of fun even though it was just a short piece of BRP.

That'd be super cool to meet some of you guys over there!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL @KCW. I probably should. This time I'll take a little more time off from work. Ha! ;-)

I just edited and uploaded the pics straight of my phones photo gallery, so hopefully that fixed it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
That's so awesome @nurtaeff. I would love to be near that area. I love mountains. Where there are mountians, there are great roads. Hopefully you will get to explore more of the whole BRP.
Yep, it's just astonishing. We drove on BRP last year, but in my truck so it wasn't "full" experience. Went to Mountain Mitchell and Little Switzerland. I wanna go sometime soon, it's beautiful when leaves start changing color.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sounds like you had quite an adventure, YamaMassGirl!!! Thanks for sharing all your pics, they are beautiful! What an experience for you to travel on your bike. Make sure you show us a pic when you finish your paint job??? Did you like the new accessory and was it what you expected? Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

1 - 20 of 29 Posts