Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I'm looking for a Bluetooth setup for my head that's not stupid expensive but doesn't suck. I am not one to talk on the phone but my wife does check in on me but mostly I a listen to the Bible audio while driving/riding and not having a way to do so I'm behind. Just curious what y'all have tried or what is worth buying I use a LS2 modular helmet.

·
Administrator
13,271 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
When I decided I wanted bluetooth for my helmet, I researched for a long time.
I decided on the features I thought were necessary and those I could live without.
If being able to communicate with other riders is something that appeals to you then get a unit with the latest bluetooth standard (4.2 (I think) and that uses the mesh network feature.
If the above is not important then pretty much any bluetooth headset will work. Some have better speakers than others.
You can look your helmet up on Revzilla, JP Cycles, Cycle Gear, Amazon, etc. and read reviews which some will tell how easy bluetooth was to add to the helmet.

Lastly, if you're not in too much of a hurry, troll Ebay and Craigslist for the one you want.
I was patient and found a Cardo unit that was specifically made for my HJC helmet. It had all the latest technology. It was on ebay new in the box, for the standard price $375.00. I made an offer to the seller for $100.00 and he took it. I've been very pleased.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought a Cardo Scala Freecom and have used it in 2 different helmets. I had to use a Dremil to make a void where the ear speakers needed to sit but it worked without a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts