Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share some updated pics of my Virago 750 bobber project. It's taken longer than expected, yet it continues to be a learning experience and patience builder. I'll be calling it the 'rattle can special' as I'm painting everything with spray paint cans to keep the budget within reason.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mostly all black with a little chrome that came on it from the factory. The only other color I'll be planning to use is red on the front brake calipers, and the seat. The intent is to mimic the old New York bobber style. Been quite an experience so far, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the rattle cans I've used to date for the paint. Most of its harbor frieghts stuff, and the only clear coat I plan to use will be the shortened rear tank and gas tank after applying my logos. Starting to pull the front end apart for new fork seals and fresh paint, then reassembly. The only items I'll be farming out are the exhaust and carb tweaking/synchronizing. Upon getting er' near completion, I'll post some pics.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Works quite well Klurejr if it can dry for a few day's. I'm using it on the center stand, and footpeg brackets where it'll come in contact with road grime, etc.

·
Super Moderator
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you my friend! been an interesting resto mod to say the least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts