Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I ride a 950 Midnight Star and don't really like the look of the air cleaner and coil cover, they look heavy and bulky to me.

I do like the way the Bolt is set up in these areas, much less intrusive and I love the way the coils etc are hidden away.

I know it would probably be prohibitively expensive to change to Bolt parts but anyone think it could be done?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd also be interested to know whether the electronic management could be transferred for better performance on the Midnight Star.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Same question on a Vstar. Anyone tried it yet? I would love to get a new bike and all but I really want to see how far I can ride this one before it falls apart too and I'm on a budget.

·
Registered
778 Posts
tried what? putting the Bolt's ECU on the V Star 950?
Maybe not the ecu, just the cover over the top of what is there. Same with large air filter box.

·
Administrator
13,296 Posts
since the engine is the same, i would suspect the air intake would be the same. but i can't tell about the coil cover. looks like the bolt doesn't even have one. i can't even see the coils so i would guess they are more recessed under the tank than the 950.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts