Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/frontpage.html

"Your Bike will love you for it."

The BoosterPlug is accepted worldwide, as a brilliant and affordable way to transform your Motorcycle from ”OK” to ”Absolutely Marvelous”. No need to spend a small Fortune on a Power Commander + endless Dyno hours to make your Bike run as it should have done from the Factory. The BoosterPlug is installed in less than 10 minutes. It plugs directly into your Bikes Wiring Harness using original Connectors – No cutting or splicing.

========

this is the speel for this add on device to enrich your fuel if you mod your bike with a big air kit and pipes, basically they are saying you can use this instead of a Power Commander or the like, this unit is around $200 Australian delivered and one guy on the local Stryker forum has been using it with good results..... so just wondering if anyone here has any idea or firsthand information on them?

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
"The BoosterPlug is accepted worldwide, as a brilliant and affordable way to transform your Motorcycle from ”OK” to ”Absolutely Marvelous”.

Thats quite a boat load of hype right there!

Looking at independent reviews the booster-plug tells the ECM on a fuel injected bike that its colder outside than it really is, and the ECM gives it a bit more fuel,
but only at low throttle and low engine RPMs.

At normal riding speeds it does nothing.

This device would only work for a fully stock bike. They seem to be popular in Europe and England where people cannot put headers or aftermaket intake pods on the bike, without risking getting the bike impounded and crushed.

If you have modified the intake or exhaust you either need to get your ECM fuel map reflashed (ie Ivans or other shops) or get the power commander type system that will allow you to adjust the mixture yourself.

With a modified bike it needs more fuel all the time, because more air is flowing thru the combustion chamber. The booster plug will continue to run the bike too lean at anything over 1500 rpm.

·
Super Moderator
13,111 Posts
looks like it may also improve fuel efficiency: "Since being put on the road the fall of 2008, my F800GS has averaged 53.44 miles per Imperial gallon (5.28 litres/100 km), which converts to 44.49 miles per US gallon.

With the Booster Plug the average has increased slightly to 57.10 miles per Imperial gallon (4.95 litres/100 km), which converts to 47.54 miles per US gallon), all on my usual 93 or 94 octane gasoline and some 91 octane fill-ups.."

https://www.webbikeworld.com/booster-plug/

but agree that it's not a very sophisticated piece of equipment that will help tune your bike. it only tricks the air intake temp sensor into thinking it's 20 degrees Celsius lower than it really is. so for a stock bike, it would probably be worth it to try it out. anything else and you should look at an actual fuel management system.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing your knowledge on that subject guys, I thought that module would supply more fuel "all" the time so it would be a good alternative to a fuel controller, never mind I will just leave my bike mods at the cobra muffler and not add a big air kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts