Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prob too late for August, may be too early for September, but I just got her done (to this point) and wanted to show her off.

Year:1999
Make/Model:V-Star Custom
Eng size:1100
Modifications:6 deg Rake, Lowered 2 inches, added from fairing, and rear bags, New Front Fender, Modified Rear Fender.

I started this late winter, and completed it about 3 weeks ago, I made all of the brackets to attach the fairing and bags (street glide parts), by hand, a bit of trial and error.
For the rear fender I cut the original ABS BoB fender, and using a template i made, fiber glassed the skirted rear fender the bike has now. Also something I have never done before.
The paint is Hydrographics, which I also did myself, I had to learn to do it, build a tank large enough to dip the parts, learn to paint, and clear-coat. This was all built in my garage.

All processes I had to learn as I wend along.

·
Super Moderator
6,783 Posts
I agree, very nicely done. I'm sure you appreciate the final product since you did the work yourself. Impressive!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Cool and congrats. Looks nice. Just curious if you have any plans for the tank?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I do indeed. When the first salt truck hits the road here I am going to do the tank with the same theme.......flames on both sides and the skills down the center.

The idea was the "outside" of the bike done in flames, and the "inside" in skills and chains.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts