Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 34 years of riding Suzukis, I bought a new V Star 950T yesterday, and I've already screwed up.

After riding home about 25 miles, I pulled out the owner's manual - and there on page one was the instruction to actually read the manual and the riding tips booklet BEFORE operating the motorcycle.

Then, I noticed on page 1-1 that I should never remove any labels from my bike. Unfortunately, that was after I got rid of the ugly lable near the gas cap using my Goo Gone and my wifes hair dryer (Baldddguy has very little use for a hair dryer.) Oh well.

I rode about 120 miles today but I still haven't read the riding tips booklet.

Dave

·
Registered
621 Posts
Congratulations on your eligibility for Greatest Motorcycle in the World Club.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Congrats Baldy! I'm on my third season with my 950T and I love it more everyday. You will have many happy miles on what is a most dependable bike.:cool:

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M!

But did you read the hair blower manual? I bet there are hundreds more "DON'Ts" for that than there are in the scoot's owner's manual.

Too funny about the warning to not remove the warning labels, HAHAHAHA!

·
Administrator
13,664 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
excellent choice on the 950. our numbers are growing rapidly. soon it will become time to take over. soon...
Careful, Bevo. The... ahem, others can read these posts, too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bevo - we are planning a family vacation to TEXAS later this month in the wifes SUV. I might have to borrow your 950 for a 2 wheel fix while I'm there.

Dave - originally from Ft. Worth, TEXAS - living in Ohio for the last 41 years, 9 months 4 days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts