Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help me. I recently bought a used Mustang 2-up seat for my 2002 vStar 1100 Custom and it turns out that the seat is actually for a vStar Classic (my own stupid fault, I knew I should have checked fitment before I sent to see it!!).

Anyways, just wondering if any one has modefied one of these to fit the custom and how did you do it? The driver's seat fits no problem but the 2-up seat won't reach the factory "hitch" or rear bolt.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Is it a two section seat? I bought a Saddlemens Explorer that was for a Classic and it bolted right up to my custom, but its a one piece. I think I read in one of the forums about that situation. I believe the guy drilled a new hole and attached it. I'll look and see if I can find the post.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Kinda found it. :eek:( you can mount a custom seat on a classic but not vice versa. That is for the two piece seat.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I've only done the one-piece seat, but from what I've seen its the rear seat fwd mount thats the problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've only done the one-piece seat, but from what I've seen its the rear seat fwd mount thats the problem.
Exactly. The forward mount (cleat) on the 2-up seat doesn't reach to the factory mount. I actually made a bracket to extend the mounting bracket while still utilizing the factory mount screws but I wasn't overly happy with the way it fit so I gave up and finally listed it for sale. Hopefully I can get what I paid for it back and I can just chaulk this one up to experience.

With that said, I'm sure if I spent more time I could gerry rig something better than I did but I'd rather spend time in the seat than trying to mount it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts