Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm curious if anyone is interested in buying some Brains Airbox Mods. I sold a ton of these but when Yamaha quite making the bikes sales plummeted so shut down my website and I quit selling them. My waterjet company that cut these out for me called the other day and said he had 35 sets sitting on the shelf and he was wondering if I wanted them. I don't want to buy these and then sit on them forever. I am not committed to buy these. I can tell them to throw them in the trash and walk away. That seems like a horrible waste especially since the B.A.M. works so good. Is anyone interested in buying the best airbox mod on the planet? FYI, I installed cams in my 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe and the B.A.M. easily handles the breathing duties. Let me know if your interested. I would sell them on ebay for a set price of $80.00 a kit.

Reactions: Strat man

·
Registered
225 Posts
Would you mind inlcuding a picture of them and talk them up a little? I have the clips that deleted the air box lid from Ivan when I got the flash done, but not sure if there is enough difference/improvement.
Thanks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you mind including a picture of them and talk them up a little? I have the clips that deleted the air box lid from Ivan when I got the flash done, but not sure if there is enough difference/improvement.
Thanks.
Heck yeah, I sure can. I have pictures, dyno tests, installation instructions, Pretty much everything attached. If you have a Raider you don't need the bolts and spacers.
Wood Tool Automotive exterior Auto part Hardwood

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heck yeah, I sure can. I have pictures, dyno tests, installation instructions, Pretty much everything attached. If you have a Raider you don't need the bolts and spacers. View attachment 114442
BTW, I had Web Cams hard weld and grind a set of cams for me. They are fairly mild. I ended up at 98 HP 117 Tq with the cams, BAM, Stock Yam 2:1 header pipe W/Roadhouse muffler, PCV W/Auto tune module, and Ivans ECU reflash. No head work what so ever. The bike (2010 Strat Deluxe) gets the same mileage as stock. 35 MPG city, 43 MPG highway. I ran 12.77 sec @ 100 MPH at the drag strip. The bike will pull the front wheel and carry the wheelie for a good 30 feet. It's a brute off the line and still idles like stock. I want to do another set of more radical cams. I'm pretty sure 100 hp would be easy to reach without doing any head work. I highly recommend getting the PCV auto tune module if you have a PCV. it works great.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm interested in purchasing one of these is this used when removing the stock airbox lid and adding the K&N filter.
Would you have a pic of the install.
two posts up i have dyno sheets and the installation instructions which show the BAM.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would you mind inlcuding a picture of them and talk them up a little? I have the clips that deleted the air box lid from Ivan when I got the flash done, but not sure if there is enough difference/improvement.
Thanks.
If you want me to talk this up here it is. I guarantee this is the best intake modification you can buy. I will refund the total cost of the BAM, less shipping, if you are not happy. No whining, no complaining, no waiting for the refund money. I am that confident. As I have said before, I have sold a thousand of these and only 2 returns. This airbox mod will retain the stock airbox design. This will keep the cold air intake, RAM air effect and all the protection and engineering science that Yamaha designed in to the airbox. Yamaha doesn't do anything half assed. The air box serves multiple functions and is a highly tuned, highly engineered part. If you remove the airbox and install POD filters you loose the Helmholtz resonance, RAM air effect and you suck hot air in from the engine which will reduce power. This mod is totally reversable and won't ruin any stock parts. MPG should improve along with performance. This mod will last the life of your bike. This is the best bang for the buck your money can buy and best of all, this is proudly made in the United States of America.

·
Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
190 Posts
Hi Everyone, I'm curious if anyone is interested in buying some Brains Airbox Mods. I sold a ton of these but when Yamaha quite making the bikes sales plummeted so shut down my website and I quit selling them. My waterjet company that cut these out for me called the other day and said he had 35 sets sitting on the shelf and he was wondering if I wanted them. I don't want to buy these and then sit on them forever. I am not committed to buy these. I can tell them to throw them in the trash and walk away. That seems like a horrible waste especially since the B.A.M. works so good. Is anyone interested in buying the best airbox mod on the planet? FYI, I installed cams in my 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe and the B.A.M. easily handles the breathing duties. Let me know if your interested. I would sell them on ebay for a set price of $80.00 a kit.
How easy is it to install 🤔 on stratoliner deluxe??

·
Registered
3 Posts
These work on an 07 roadliner, do I need chip

·
Registered
1 Posts
TheBrain, Let me know how to order one please. Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Yamaha Raider CSEL
26 Posts
Bummer… Seams like it worked good and kept the filter covered… looks like I’ll be doing an Ivan box… don’t like the idea of an exposed air filter in Hawaii… to rainy and dusty here… any suggestions for air intake upgrade besides the Ivan kit..?? No Bam available.. so a Bak? I know it’s a big debate here the 2 bak’s.. I am going to start up a thread for my bike over in the Raider section.. and ask a few question over there… I need to figure it out, the original owner put Black: Hard Krome side burners on the bike… nice sounding powerful pipes but needs the stock intake done up… needless to say she popping like a mofo with drag pipes and no air… lol… the pipes are in place… so need to figure out upgrade intake… then send to Ivan for ECU flash… mahalo 🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼

1 - 17 of 17 Posts