Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Did my front brakes last week.
Had to take the caliper off to get to bolts on my front fender and like a dummy I loosened the banjo bolt.
So i flushed the whole thing out and cleaned the master cylinder. Now it has all new fluid.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I have a set of brake pads sitting on my nightstand that will have to wait until next year because the classic is put up for the winter. Wish i was down by you guys! (until next summer)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Changed my fluids yesterday with DOT 4. 28k and the fluid looked like apple juice. It's an easy job and cheap. Do it!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
Good idea Rob. I’ve got over 35k on my bike and I think it’s time flush all the lines with fresh fluid. Was planning on it during during the winter down time, but maybe I should t wait.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea Rob. I’ve got over 35k on my bike and I think it’s time flush all the lines with fresh fluid. Was planning on it during during the winter down time, but maybe I should t wait.
Winter down time? Looks like Bucfan11 will have some more mileage trophies! Unless I get beat by the new Harley!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Winter down time? Looks like Bucfan11 will have some more mileage trophies! Unless I get beat by the new Harley!
Well, they are forecasting a particularly nasty winter this year (farmers almanac).
If you remember, I won February’s challenge and that’s tough to do in North Carolina.
On a side note, I think we should give any HD “special recognition” for winning the mileage challenge. That’s because it requires almost the same amount of WRENCH TIME per ride time.
This kind of dedication needs both encouragement and recognition! 🤣🤣

·
Registered
97 Posts
Reading thru some posts and for the record I haven't had any wrench time on the "Harley" and will be going for 2 months in a row to start the year. Was on vacation till the 9th this month and giving everyone a chance to take it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Reading thru some posts and for the record I haven't had any wrench time on the "Harley" and will be going for 2 months in a row to start the year. Was on vacation till the 9th this month and giving everyone a chance to take it.
Well if you didn’t ride. You probably don’t need to wrench it.. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts