Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 vstar classic.
i bought the kuryakyn 4612 run turn brake controller (plug n play ), well when i received it and installed it the blinkers blink fast and when brakes are applied the blinkers stop until i let go of the brakes. i called kuryakyn and they thought bad ground, so heres what i did.

1 ran a ground from the battery to ground wire harness behind the plate, no change
2 ran the same ground wire from the battery to just one blinker, same result.
3 doesnt matter if i use zero one or two load equlizers

I had to return it and get a second one, which still does not work right. I called kuryakyn again and they have no idea whats going on.

Any help would be great,,,thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't have direct knowledge of this particular unit. But I have used a similar system on other bikes.

The best I can tell you is to check to ensure that all the wiring on your bike is stock and that you have definitely plugged into the correct wires. I have experienced some very odd results when adding or rewiring things on bikes. Usually found either that somebody had previously modified the wiring in some way or that I missed some very simple and obvious little thing.

As they say "If you can't fix it with a hammer and a wrench, then it must be Electrickery!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts