Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone . Was wondering if anyone knows the brake color diagram of a 2010 950 . I bought a pair of saddlebags with taillights , just not sure how to hook them up . Thank you for your time .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Typically you will see a simple ground and 2 positives going to a break light. Just be careful splicing into the electric system of a motorcycle because sometimes they do not like high pull additions.

If it were me I would use the wires that lead to the brake light and split them so that your bags automatically get the signal to stop. You can use a circuit light or multimeter to determine which wire activates the break.

That general information should help unless Yamaha has decided to make things more complicated :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply . I am a little worried about splicing into the wiring . I may just have someone do it for me . It is probably very easy to do , but I don't want to mess anything up . Thanks again for your help !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bevo , I really would like to do this myself . This is my understanding of how to it . Remove positive from battery terminal . Splice into yellow wire , add three wires of same gauge thickness with female bullet terminals from the harness side of wre . Add three wire with male bullets to the brake side ( back side ) . Shrink wrap connections . Do the same for the ground wires .? Or do I need to find a ground spot on bike to attach to ? Do you know the color of the ground wire ? Should I add a bigger fuse to brake in the fuse box ?
Thank you for your time .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Bevo , I really would like to do this myself . This is my understanding of how to it . Remove positive from battery terminal . Splice into yellow wire , add three wires of same gauge thickness with female bullet terminals from the harness side of wre . Add three wire with male bullets to the brake side ( back side ) . Shrink wrap connections . Do the same for the ground wires .? Or do I need to find a ground spot on bike to attach to ? Do you know the color of the ground wire ? Should I add a bigger fuse to brake in the fuse box ?
Thank you for your time .
I would do the same for the ground wire. More secure that way. If you only have one ground wire coming out you can put all three together.

Do not add a bigger fuse, the fuse there is designated for the amperage that the system can take.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts