Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, thanks for all the helpful posts on here.
Well, after waiting for six weeks Pacific Coast Cruisers finally sent my throttle cables and hydraulic clutch and brake lines for my 2006 Roadliner midnight that I put 16" apes on. I was installing everything today when I got stumped at the brake line.

On my bike I have a single line coming from the handlebar down to a small junction/splitter that then splits into two lines, one for each rotor.

What I was sent was two lines (really long), one just a couple inches longer than the other, with banjo fittings on each end. The package has a tag that indicates it is for my exact year and model, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do with two long brake lines.

Any words of wisdom for me?

Registered
They sent you the lines for extended front fork tubes , not raised handlebars

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the instructions for Galfer lines. The longer line goes to the left caliper. I used the single line from Spiegler, but in hindsight I would have preferred the double line of the Galfer.
Man that would have been some useful information to send with the lines! Thank you though. I didn't want to cut open the package in case I had to return them, but I did anyway and can see now exactly what you're talking about. Makes sense now. Thanks again 馃

Registered
2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
I'll add, that the wait from PCS is in there looking side but reasonable for extended lines. Standard length ship quick, but the extended take longer. Spiegler makes stock +2, but they use the splitter on the front brake and the stock hard line half of the clutch line. That's the reason I got them. To avoid the wait. They work fine and look good, but I'd prefer the simpler more efficient Galfer style. I got mine here. Meancycles: Motorcycle Accessories

1 - 5 of 5 Posts