Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm getting close to the 34,000 mile mark on my 06 Stratoliner S. I'm probably on my 4th set of tires and up to now have only gotten basic serviceing done (change oil, lube cables, adjust belt). I have replaced the rear brake pads at about 24,000 (high quality 3rd party scimiter replacements) miles but am on the original set in front.

1. How far are we getting before the front brakes need replacing?
2. Is it unusual that my bike has never had a valve adjustment?
3. How far can I go between oil changes when running Amsoil 20x50 synthetic?
4. Is it unusual that I have never had the steering bearing repacked?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Miles

Hilleyja,

I think my bike has around 40,000 I forget, the bike is under cover. I had the valves adjusted at 32,000 miles. They needed little to no adjustment as my mechanic said.

I have only replaced the rear brakes. Looking at the groves in the front they look OK. I think there is an ilistration in your owners manual telling you how to check.

I have not checked the front stearing bearings.

On the oil I can only quote a salesman for Ams Oil. At the Cleveland Motorcycle show a distributer for Ams Oil said you can go twice as long between oil changes. That would be six to eight thousand miles. For what it is worth he also claimed the bike will run 15 degrees cooler with synthetic oil.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.