Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue with the brakes on my v star 1100 custom. I purchased a set of fake stainless hose and cable sleeving to cover all my clutch, throttle, and brake lines with. (FYI, they actually look pretty good, which surprised me.) Of course I had to unhook the brake lines to do this, and as expected there is a bunch of air in the lines. What I didn't expect is that I can't seem to get the lines to bleed, at all. I was getting some bubbles in my bleed jar, but now I'm not. The banjo bolts aren't really pushing fluid out either. A little bit, but not a lot. And the brake lever never even starts to get firm. Just bottoms out with no resistance at all.

Anyone got any ideas?

Help!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
With bike supported and level check fluid level in front master cylinder, fill if necessary. Attach tubes to your bleeders submerge ends in jar with some fluid in it, this way there is no way for you to drag air back into system. Crack bleeders and gently/slowly squeeze brake lever to stop and hold in. Tighten bleeders and release brake lever. Repeat as necessary till no bubbles. Or go get a suction bleeder at autoparts store.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yes, sometimes it takes several times. Be patient and work with it, the air will finally be pumped out. If I got a bad case of air, sometimes I sit the bike level, lock connections up, and let her sit overnite, sometimes the bubbles will migrate up to the master cyclinder and the next day bleeds out fine.(I leave the mas cyl cover loose overnite)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts