Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I hope all had a safe and happy 4th! I was detailing my 2010 Raider when while cleaning the front calipers that I need brakes soon! What I was wondering is if anybody has a preference of what brand of aftermarket pads they like and use? The brands I have found that I liked (in reading about) are Sumo Brakes, Volar Motorsports and EBC or should I bite the bullet and get OEM? I would like any input from anybody with any preferences!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
ON my old VTX i noticed the pads were getting thin. It had about 20,000 mles at the time so i thougt ok get new ones. Got the new pads and they were the same thickness. They only started with about 1/16" pad/ I am new to yamaha and i am sure someone will know more than me. But 3 sets of pads gave me a piece of mind.

·
Super Moderator
13,110 Posts
i buy nothing but EBC double H sintered. from the research i've done and my own experience, i find them to be the best combination of durability, long lasting, and performance. they cost a little more than others, but i would definitely never recommend that anyone get a set of pads because they are the cheapest. brake pads are cheap enough already in relation to being able to stop you safely on an inherently dangerous vehicle where everyone around you is trying to kill you that i would rather find other ways to save a few dollars.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I purchased these back in May. Sixity Front + Rear Ceramic Brake Pads.
Not knowing how many miles the old pads were. These were a drastic improvement. I have close to 2,000 miles on them & they still look new. AND most importantly, they feel great when stopping.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I purchased these back in May. Sixity Front + Rear Ceramic Brake Pads.
Not knowing how many miles the old pads were. These were a drastic improvement. I have close to 2,000 miles on them & they still look new. AND most importantly, they feel great when stopping.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!
How thick is the pad on the new ones? How thin to change?

·
Registered
955 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bevo1981 I agree with you because the research that I have done gave me the same conclusion!
Thanks to everyone, I appreciate the input!

Remember to keep the rubber side down & the shiny side up!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts